Miley Cyrus: 'I'm not some crazy lady'
Miley Cyrus: 'I'm not some crazy lady'. Miley Cyrus has admitted that she is keen to "explore sexuality". The 18-year-old singer and actress started off her career as a Disney performer but soon built a reputation as a wild child.But actress and singer says that although she is not the "crazy lady" some portray her to be she is open to experiencing the same things that other girls her age do.

"People have very mixed opinions on me; I'm a great role model, or I'm completely inappropriate for anyone under 13 and I am controversial," she told Prestige magazine.

"I don't know how I became this. It's weird. Two complete extremes. I'm not some crazy lady who's gone off the deep end, because I definitely haven't.

"I just always try to be real. Every 18-year-old explores sexuality and experiments and tries things.

"For me there's no reason to change that. You have to be true to yourself."

Cyrus takes every opportunity to jet back to her native Tennessee - because life in Los Angeles makes her "sad".

The teenager told Prestige she prefers the slow-pace of the South and insists she's no California girl - because people "take life for granted" there.

"I'm not a big fan of LA, I've got to be honest. I like being able to work here, but any chance to go back home (to Tennessee), I love it.

"People really take life for granted in California. It makes me sad sometimes. So I have to give myself that reality check every once in a while and go back home. Everyone (in LA) is so busy and everyone is trying to be better than the other person, and everyone has got so much going on. Nashville life is just so laid back and people enjoy every second of life that they have."

Cyrus is back dating Australian actor Liam Hemsworth after a short split and says she is more of a homebody than people realise.

"I stay in the house pretty much every day. I don't go out. I've had the same boyfriend for two years. So I think there are two very different reviews," Cyrus said.

In fact Cyrus was seen out grocery shopping with Hemsworth on Tuesday showing off her more domesticated side.

Source: smh